Sunday, October 7, 2007

Resume Writing

If there is anything that I have learned from this class, it is how to write a good resume and most importantly, make it look creative. It has been stressed over and over to make your resume stand out. At first I was not really sure what people meant by this, but now I am starting to get an understanding of what to do. It is very important for my resume to stand out from the crowd if I want to get noticed. Future employers will not know me from anyone else and therefore I have to market myself in a way that will put me ahead of the pack.

Another point that I have learned while going through the resume process is to search the company's website before applying so you get an understanding of what their company is all about and what type of people they are looking for. This way, when you start your resume and potentially go in for an interview, you will be able to market in a way that is directed towards their company.

No comments: